Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

lenovo whitelist removal

ThinkPad/Ideapad Slate Tablet, Tablet 2, Miix etc.
Bujvn

lenovo whitelist removal

#1 Post by Bujvn » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:17 am

Hello, I am a user who is using Lenovo Slim 3 15ARE05 model.

It's very inconvenient because I can't upgrade my LAN card due to Lenovo's white list policy. Can I get some help?

TTY

Re: lenovo whitelist removal

#2 Post by TTY » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:45 am

Hello,
i suppose we're talking about the WLAN on an Ideapad 3 15ARE05, as that model doesn't have Ethernet. Why would you need to upgrade a 802.11ac 2x2 card?

Bujvn

#3 Post by Bujvn » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:06 pm

Thanks for the reply First of all, sorry for the confusion by not distinguishing between the LAN port and the Wi-Fi card.

The reason I want to upgrade this laptop is because I feel uncomfortable with the low Bluetooth version and internet speed, so I asked the question.

Can I get some help?

TTY

#4 Post by TTY » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Do you know what WLAN/Bluetooth card is in your notebook now (manufacturer, model number)? According to Lenovo's PSREF (product specifications reference) your notebook should have Bluetooth 5.0. Do you connect by WLAN to your internet gateway or by Bluetooth to a cell phone to access Internet? Your notebook's WLAN is theoretically capable of 867 Mbps in the 5 GHz band, in reality you would get a bit less. How fast is your Internet service?

Bujvn

#5 Post by Bujvn » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:09 am

WiFi LAN Card: Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
Bluetooth Version: LMP 10.62671 ( 5.1v )
Download speed: 151.67 / Upload speed: 178.66
Internet measurements refer to this link. ( https://www.speedcheck.org/ )

And the reason for saying that the Bluetooth version is low is that I recently purchased an AX211ngw that is the same as PCI-E from Ali Express.
( https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... tions.html )

However, in order to use that product, we had to find a way to bypass the whitelist.

Is there any way I can get help?

TTY

#6 Post by TTY » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:50 am

You write that you have down-/upload speeds of 151 and 178 Mbps respectively. These seem to be speeds measured on your computer. I didn't mean that. I mean - how fast is your Internet connection specified by your provider, what speed are you paying for? Or in other words - what speed does your provider say is available at your internet gateway?
The reason i asked is that i suspect that your current WLAN card in your notebook might be fully sufficient, and that the reason you're not happy with your internet speed might be, that your WLAN isn't configured in an optimal way.

I looked up 802.11ac 2x2 again, it seems as if it should be able to provide up to 1,733 Mbps throughput under ideal conditions.