Take a look at our
ThinkPads.com HOME PAGE
For those who might want to contribute to the blog, start here: Editors Alley Topic
Then contact Bill with a Private Message

X230 with X220 keyboard: Yellow "Device missing" (ACPI) in "Device manager" after upgrading from Win 11 22H2 to 23H2

X230-X280, X390 Series
kokkolis

X230 with X220 keyboard: Yellow "Device missing" (ACPI) in "Device manager" after upgrading from Win 11 22H2 to 23H2

#1 Post by kokkolis » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Hello all, I've upgraded (with difficulty!) my X230 from Win 11 22H2 to 23H2. For the upgrade, I've had to delete all files & settings (nothing I've tried allowed me to install 23H2 and keeping all my settings & files). I've then tried to re-install some ThinkPad drivers.
I believe I'm pretty much there, apart of one yellow "device not found" issue in Device manager. After upgrading onto 23H2, there were 4 devices not found, but managed to find them all, apart of this one: ACPI\LEN0078\5&2890D699&0

Can't find anything under Windows Update, even selecting "Microsoft devices", Lenovo's own System Update seems to find absolutely nothing (runs, scans but finds nothing missing, I believe to have installed anything I could think of from Intel Chip and from Lenovo Power management drivers (though not sure I've done it correctly -during latest PM driver installation a message says "you've already got the best drivers for your device -and then stops).

Am I missing a trick here? Anyone with an X230 who's just upgraded onto Win 11 23H2 and has noticed similar issues?

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Christos